EXCHANGE AND RETURN OF GOODS
The return of each product must always be agreed separately with the seller, who will give the buyer instructions on how to return it.
Products in stock have a fourteen (14) day right of return.
1. In order to exchange or return the goods, an e-mail must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating:
– customer name and contact details
– Invoice number
– product name and price
– a description of the defect in the product
– the desired solution.
2. The seller shall respond to the claim in writing within 14 days after receipt of the claim by the buyer.
3. The Seller shall reimburse the amount of the returned Goods together with the initial postage within 14 days from the return of the Goods. In the event of an exchange, the seller will send the customer a new product once the product to be exchanged has been returned to the seller.
NB! Returned products must be undamaged in their original packaging and contain all related parts. If the sales packaging of the returned product is not in good condition for sale, the buyer will be charged for the damaged packaging.
4. The buyer is always responsible for the shipping costs of return and exchange, unless an incorrect or defective product has been sent to the customer.
5. Products damaged during transport, but not product packaging, will be replaced by the buyer.
6. If it becomes impossible to replace the product, the buyer will be reimbursed for the cost of the Goods.
The seller is not obliged to compensate the buyer for damages resulting from delay or incorrect delivery, such as loss of production, loss of revenue or other consequential financial loss.
The buyer is obliged to check the condition and correctness of the product upon receipt of the product or as soon as possible thereafter. All comments related to the products must be submitted to the seller immediately after becoming aware of the defect or error. Delivery shall be deemed accepted if it has not been notified within fourteen (14) days from the date of delivery.
The seller has the primary right to either repair the defect or deliver new goods. The buyer has no right to demand delivery if the situation has changed, which significantly changes the relationship between the originally agreed performance obligations.
The buyer must return the product in defective or incorrect, unused and in the original and marketable packaging in accordance with the seller’s instructions. The seller inspects the returned product for possible defects either himself or has the product inspected by the product manufacturer. In the case of damaged resale products, the purchase receipt or a copy thereof must always be attached.